First time jamming as a bassist..

Thursday, October 1, 2009 comments
October 1st... at 3pm
I was jamming as a bassist for the first time @ d'rhytmix studio with Johan and Ivaldi for 1 hour and 30 minutes

we performed together before @ monash music club get together night..
we performed hotel california-eagles and wind of change-scorpion

five songs is chosen to be played in this jamming session
1. metallica - the four horsemen
2. metallica - orion
3. metallica - welcome home sanitarium
4. muse - resistance
5. muse - knight of cydonia

but we didn't really jam resistance as Ivaldi listened to the fake version of resistance.. lol

It was very nice to jam with them.. Both of them very skillful with the instrument
Johan with his line 6 pod x3 can make his guitar sound the same like the original song
Ivaldi, he didn't have a drum set but he managed to play the songs nicely.. I don't know how a drummer can practice using imagination.. Can guitarist or bassist do that?

Knight of Cydonia seems to be our favorite at the time.. however out of all the four song.. This song is the one that I have the major problem on.. I can't remember the notes of the first half of the song correctly.. However, we jam the second half of the song quite nicely... I still have to train my stamina on playing fast riff though..

My personal favorite is Orion... The bass is nice and I like it when Johan makes a fading in-out sound with his guitar...


looking forward to the next jam with them..

I think I need to buy a bass.. but I need to get the money first.. I have to work part time on summer no matter what...

comments